Joint injections are common treatments offered by us to reduce stiffness and pain in joints caused by inflammation and irritation. Whether you suffer from chronic pain or acute joint pain during certain activities, joint pain can cause mobility issues and be of detriment to your quality of life.
There is a variety of joint injections available with varying goals. Joint injections are an option to treat pain, reduce inflammation, and diagnose conditions. Our work helps to restore movement and reduce pain to knees, shoulders, hips, ankles, and other joints in the body. Patients seek our assistance to bring back function, the range of motion and resume daily activities. If you’re seeking help for pain management, please contact us at 347.252.6732 or book your appointment online today.
JOINT INJECTIONS NOT ONLY PROVIDE IMMEDIATE PAIN RELIEF BUT ALSO HAVE ANTI-INFLAMMATORY PROPERTIES.
An ultrasound machine is used to visualize the affected joint. After proper sterilization, a needle is placed into the joint under a live ultrasound or x-ray guidance. A steroid and local anesthetic are then injected into the joint to help decrease pain and inflammation of the joint. This outpatient procedure is extremely popular because it can be performed quickly at our office for immediate relief.
Unique Pain Medicine Offers Many Types Of Joint Injections Including:
- Epidural steroid injections.
- Facet joint injections.
- Viscosupplementation injections.
- Corticosteroid injections.
- Hyaluronic acid injections.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections (non-steroidal).
- Amniotic Stem Cell Injections (non-steroidal).
Many of our patients have reported a dramatic reduction in pain and have been able to return to their normal activities.
TYPICAL BENEFITS OF JOINT INJECTIONS
Joint injections are minimally invasive and safe techniques that can potentially help you avoid having to undertake a surgery. Some of the benefits include:
- Near immediate pain relief versus an over the counter medication.
- Anti-inflammatory solutions decrease swelling.
- Some are long lasting, others are temporary.
- A great diagnostic tool for identifying the underlying source of the pain.
- Restore range of motion when walking, overhead movements, climbing stairs, and more.
- Restore function due to pain and assist with Physical Therapy.
TYPES OF JOINT INJECTIONS
The type of joint injection or corticosteroid injection recommended is determined by the type of chronic pain or arthritis you have, the joint that is afflicted, and how your condition affects you. Conditions vary according to pain location with the goal of injecting anti-inflammatory medication directly into the joint:
- Knee pain is mostly due to degeneration and arthritis.
- Hip pain is commonly due to degeneration and osteoarthritis.
- Shoulder pain is due to degeneration, rotator cuff strain, and arthritis.
CONDITIONS TREATED WITH JOINT INJECTIONS
- Knee or shoulder osteoarthritis (OA) and degeneration.
- Rotator cuff syndrome.
- Lateral disc herniation.
- Ankle pain.
- Post-traumatic neuralgia.
- Intercostal neuritis.
- Compression of nerve in thoracic or abdominal area.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Complex regional pain syndrome type 1 (reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome).
- Complex regional pain syndrome type 2 (causalgia or distinct nerve injury).
- Sympathetic nerve injury.
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy.
If you are suffering from issues due to joint pain and would like restored movement without pain, please contact us at 347.252.6732 or schedule your appointment online.